Join Us Today
The Right Place for you
AMA is a Faith Base Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is registered with Relief and Rehabilitation Commission; registration number 465. AMA has a board of directors with international outlook constituted in the year 2002.
Assistance Mission for Africa (AMA) seeks individuals for its projects, to promote stability, local solutions, and citizen participation to mitigate conflict and empower civil society in South Sudan.
Become a Gap-Stander
Job Title / Position Title
Gender and Social Justice Manager
Place of Employment
Juba/ with frequent visits to the filed locations
Full Time Employee
Strategic Objective for Gender:
increasing women participation and representation in strategic areas in governance, peace building and leadership. AMA advocacy standing in the gap at the local level, regional and linking local state national and international advocacy in matters of peace, women rights and their empowerment, sustainable and judicious utilization of natural resources for the current and future generations, and on matters of accountability and transparency. AMA strives to work towards alliancing, coordination and collaboration with other likeminded actor. AMA believes this way of working will produce desired and lasting results of peace, security, sustainable livelihoods, and use of resources for assuring dignified lives of communities in greater lakes and greater unity state and neighbouring communities. In recognition of this, AMA is committed to facilitating communities to determine their own development and self-determination. It seeks to secure their rights to dignified lives.
Assistance Mission for Africa (AMA) seeks a Gender Manager for its projects, to promote stability, local solutions, citizen participation to mitigate conflict, empower civil society, gender and social justice in South Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the project’s point person for promoting women’s economic empowerment and gender mainstreaming in AMA
- Working with the Project’s staff, develop activities as part of the annual work planning process under each of the project’s program areas that address gender issues while ensuring that all work plan activities are gender-sensitive or transformative.
- Provide trainings on gender mainstreaming and women’s economic empowerment for project staff and AMA staff as requested.
- Train field base staff (Field Officers, social workers and all staff working under gender officers)
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Program Coordinator/ED
- Reporting and developing proposals
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant technical work experience on gender-related topics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related to economics, gender studies, human rights, law, international development, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in planning and management of multi-year activities, including reporting both data and narrative results of progress
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in dealing with government and humanitarian/UN agencies
- Fluency in English;
- Strong communications skills and effective report-writing skills;
- Experience working with complex, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ready to work in expose cultural environment
- Experience working with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) preferred
- Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender considerations into non-gender related programming;
- Capacity to fundraising
Required Skills & Qualifications
v At least a university degree in social work and development studies or a related field;
v At least 5 years working experience with Non Governmental Organization in protection and gender in the field
v Must be a computer literate
v Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English. Arabic and any other South Sudanese local languages will be an advantage.
Excellent capacity in fundraising, reporting and proposals
Stand in the Gap
Discover Your potential
How To Apply
Any interested South Sudanese applicants who meet the following requirements are welcome to submit to Assistance Mission for Africa:-
- An application letter,
- Copies of academic certificates,
- Updated CV
- Copy of National Identification Cards